ImTranslator Extension Translate To Speech Nonfunctional

The ImTranslator text-to-speech (TTS) feature does not work when the speaker/volume icon is clicked in its pop-up window.

I have recreated the problem with every other third-party extension disabled. The ImTranslator extension works fine in Firefox, which leads me to believe that the problem is not caused by a setting on my Mac.

I have worked with ImTranslator tech support (which has done their best to find a solution) but at this point their best guess is that some privacy setting in Brave may be the cause. Tech support tells me that ImTranslator works fine with Brave version 1.35.100, macOS Catalina 10.15.7 and Chrome as well.

I have reviewed all of my Brave settings and I cannot identify one that would disable an extension in this manner. I would not know where to begin changing my current preferences in Brave.

I’m hoping that someone has also experienced this problem and fixed it. Or who may have a better understanding of how Brave works and can suggest what other trouble-shooting steps I can try.

Brave Version 1.35.101 Chromium: 98.0.4758.87 (Official Build) (x86_64)
Mac OS Big Sur 11.6.3

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.