I'm getting this error, no matter what I do in brave

Description of the issue:
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. I opened my brave browser like usual, and got this error: RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA
  2. I don’t really know how this can be reproduced, because I never got any error while using brave.
  3. The strange thing is… when I open the same brave in a virtual box, it opens perfectly normal.

Expected result: Nothing works; settings don’t work; nothing at all.

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.39.111

Additional Information: I really don’t know what is going on… I opened brave browser like I always did to watch a youtube video, but suddenly I get the error RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA and nothing works…
And the same thing happens in every brave browser I have, it doesn’t matter if it is on Beta or not…
Here’s a screenshot…

Please, help.
And thank you very much.

Hi and welcome to the community. :slightly_smiling_face:

I am a community member too. I can’t really help solve your issue but I did find an issue report at Brave GitHub that I think is related.

This may be a chromium issue, have you tried using a different chromium based browser to see if the error also occurs in other browsers? Can you please provide an update either way if you do decide to test. You might want to test Brave Beta and Nightly versions to see if the problem is still occurring on those versions too. Beta and Nightly use higher chromium release versions, so the problem may not be occurring in those Brave Browser versions.

From the issue report, this appears to be a conflict with extensions. Do you have any extensions installed? If you do, have you tried disabling them to see if the problem still occurs? You could also create a new test profile to see if it occurs in a new profile.

You could also try clearing history/cache for all time at brave://settings/clearBrowserData, click on the advanced tab, and select All time in the dropdown, then exit the browser, wait a few, and reopen. From reading various help documents out there, this does fix the problem for some users. Here is a troubleshooting article with information on other things to try: How to Fix: RESULT_CODE_MISSING_DATA error in Chrome? There are others out there if you don’t particularly like this one, just do a search on the error code text!

If you haven’t already, please make sure you make a backup copy your Brave-Browser/User Data folders. If something happens, you can restore the backup. Additional information below. You can find your Brave Profile Path at brave://version.

Source: can i create bats backup? - #4 by CerealLover
Note: Consider backing up entire Brave-Browser folder too and not just User Data folder.

Hope this helps!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.