I transferred Bitcoin to my Brave wallet :(

Hi there,

I saw there was a similar case but I would like to make sure. So I transferred funds from Binance to my Brave Wallet and I don’t see them. Obviously it doesn’t support Bitcoin but who thought of that? I feel ridiculous.

I don’t expect the amount to show up in my balance. But what will happen if I export the wallet? Is it impossible that the funds are inside if I import it somewhere else where bitcoin is supported?

Thanks,
Martin

@Jaspreet don’t seems to be a Brave employee. They don’t have staff tag and the link they’ve given doesn’t seem to be the usual one or from Brave’s official site.

So, @martinjb wait for someone having Staff tag to confirm if they’re a legit employee. Scammers are trying new ways to scam people these days.

@RedFlame thanks for the heads up. You’re right, the guy isn’t an official brave support member.

@onyb @hub could you answer the questions asked by @martinjb

I’m curious too

Hi @martinjb!

Let’s give the benefit of doubt to Binance that they’re not dumb enough to allow sending native Bitcoin to an Ethereum address.

I suggest you check if you received any of these tokens on your Brave Wallet address:

An easy way to check if you have balance on these tokens is to add them to your portfolio. BTCB token on Binance Smart Chain is already part of our tokens list - you simply need to make it visible by enabling it in Visible Assets like this:

For BBTC on Ethereum, you need to add it as a custom token. If you’re not familiar with the process, I’m leaving a tutorial here that I found on the internet: https://www.publish0x.com/brave-products/brave-wallet-how-to-add-custom-assets-dara-example-xlqwkqd

Hope it works for you!

1 Like

@onyb Thank you so much!

The assets were stuck - the support team helped me restore them. I swapped the BTC for ETH and finally transferred them here in Brave.

Not sure if it’s a good idea to keep them in ETH but it could be a good idea, having in mind that the price is so low now.

Cheers!

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.