I think my wallet is hacked and I want to know what to do

Description of the issue: I noticed a new token in both my Solana accounts. I swear up and down I never added this thing manually but for some reason it popped up in my portfolio. and even when I hide it I can still see it, in the account section of the iOS app. It’s called pozzcoin, lol. I authenticated wallet connection for a transaction through Solana.fm via Jupiter. Switching Solana for I think catwifhat.
…Don’t make fun of me it looks cute!

Is the issue occurring on a specific network? Solana main net beta

What operating system are you using? iOS mobile.

Brave Version (check About Brave): I recently updated the browser app.

Additional Information: So far nothing is stolen, I didn’t know even know what I was doing when I made the transaction. The tokens are on Solana fm somewhere, I don’t know how to get them though. But I’m not doing anything about that just yet.

What the heck do I do!? Delete everything?

Hey @FreedomRider,

A token will appear in Portfolio asset list and Account Details asset list (if asset belongs to that account network, for example a Solana token on Solana account details) if you have balance for that token, OR if you tap the Edit User Assets Button in Portfolio:

And then select the token in the list (indicated by a checkmark):

This is not an indicator of your wallet being hacked, as you said “So far nothing is stolen” :+1:.

However, this does point out a UI bug in the Account Details screen. If you open Edit User Assets in Portfolio again, and de-select that token (removing the checkmark) the asset should be removed from both Portfolio & Asset Details.

Thank you for helping uncover this UI bug, I have opened an issue to get this fixed which can be tracked here: https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues/36806

Unfortunately, until this bug is fixed the only way to hide this asset from Account Details screen is to backup your seed phrase (and any secondary account keys if added), reset and then restore your wallet (you won’t lose your token balances, but you will lose ability to view the transactions currently in Activity tab & wallet settings will be reset).

• Stephen

Thanks for the great reply man! But alas, I am not so sure I am out of the danger zone just yet. I noticed there were very small bits of SOL tacked onto mine, sent from a very obvious scam bot that had sent “dust” to MANY other accounts.
I’ve searched this website a bit and don’t seem to find any info on what to do if this were “crypto dusting”.

Hey @FreedomRider,

With crypto dusting the best approach is just to ignore them. Unless you spend these tokens, there is no way for them to affect your wallet. Brave also has some work with Transaction Simulations coming soon that will simulate or preview how a transaction can behave before signing it on-chain so you’ll have better predictability of how a transaction will affect your wallet. For NFTs, Brave currently will automatically hide these spam NFTs for you (you can still view the known spam NFTs in NFTs tab by selecting Collected and changing to Hidden. Known spam NFTs are displayed with a spam badge in this view.)

• Stephen

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.