I stopped receiving ads after the second day of the update to Version 1.18.75

Hi brave community, can anyone please help me, after i update my browse to Version 1.18.75, i stopped receiving ads, i am using a windows 10, if anyone having the same isue leave a comment please??

Brave Version( check About Brave ):Version 1.18.75 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) (64-bit)

4 Likes

Can you confirm a few things for us, please? First, make sure Notifications are enabled on Windows. You can do this by tapping the Windows key on your keyboard, and searching Notifications & Actions Settings. Within there, make sure that Notifications are enabled, and that Brave is also enabled. If notifications are already enabled, make sure your device doesn’t have Focus Assist enabled. This feature, meant to quiet things down on the OS, prevents current versions of Brave from displaying ad notifications.

1 Like

Hi @sampson thank you for your quick response - I already checked everything you said before creating the topic, i’ve been using brave browser and receiving ads for a year now, everything was working fine until the last two updates, in the first one ads per day incorrectly limited to ads per hour, and in the last update to 1.18.75 I stopped receiving ads.

2 Likes

Would you be available sometime for a Zoom call? I’d love to offer more help.

1 Like

sorry not any time soon, but i do think The Problem Is On Your End, because even after i did reinstall brave browser and restore my wallet using the recovery key, i still not receiving ads

3 Likes

same with me, waiting to solved issue,

2 Likes

Yes you are 100% right , after v 1.18.70 brave ads reward system become buggy

2 Likes

If anybody has received no ads following an update to 1.18.70-75, I would love to do a screenshare and see if we can identify an issue. Please let me know who is available, and when :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

sorry @sampson i can’t do a screenshare but i can send you any files you want from the browser to check for issues

1 Like

how to instal brave 1.18.70 and update to 1.18.75 ?

2 Likes

go to brave://settings/help

1 Like

I can share files as well, I will not allow a computer privacy invasion of a screenshare.

2 Likes

My recent posting is the same problem but you never commented a second time on mine. I checked focus assist off and windows/brave notifications enabled, I didn’t need to change anything.
If I install an older version will I lose the pending bat? I can not verify with uphold.

2 Likes

I’m just wondering if you have any thing always using up all idle CPU time. I’m just grasping at straws here, but I figured since my cpu and gpu are always pegged at 100%, maybe that’s why ads don’t want to show.

2 Likes

Hey there I am also not receiving any ads since 1 months ago after an update. So what should I do now?

2 Likes

I am also not receiving any ads since 1 month ago. I am also using windows 10 like you.

2 Likes

Me too after update to version 1.18.75. Few day later the ads stop appear.

1 Like

Hi guys, there is definitely something wrong with brave ads, i even try it in new laptop for 4 days now, and i didn’t receive a single ad, but no answer from the brave dev team @sampson

so apparently i have the same problem and i was wondering why i havent got any ads for 2 days or so and now i know that i’m not alone lol

1 Like

Please make sure ads are available in your region; I recently built a small tool to help with this: https://sampson.codes/brave/ads/my_region/. If nothing appears, ads are either not available in your region, or your machine is having problems communicating with the ads server.

If anybody is available for a screenshare, I’d be happy to accommodate your schedule to the best of my ability. Thank you, and I look forward to assisting with this issue further.

2 Likes