I can't verify my wallet with Gemini only on this device

Hello,

Briefly describe your issue:

I notice that it’s now impossible for me to check my Reward account with Gemini, it tells me every time that my Gemini account has a bad location, not supported, whereas it has always worked, and even now if I do it on another device including my smartphone.
It is impossible for me to check my wallet with Gemini on this computer.

What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?

Windows 11 22H2
Brave version 1.45.118 Chromium: 107.0.5304.91 (Build officiel) (64 bits)

Is your browser wallet currently verified?

No…

Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?

Yes.

Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)

No, except that I’m currently using a cloud computer called Shadow (shadow.tech).

Are you in a supported region?

Yes.

Thank you!
Lupsoris

@Lusiiky That’s because no new connections to Gemini are allowed unless you’re in the United States. It’s been discussed a lot in different places and announcements made.

Brave has slowly been restricting countries since July and then been adding them again. Support is being restricted as Brave, Gemini, and Uphold work together to implement better security and other updates to their systems. The goal is to have support added to most countries again by the end of the year, but we’ll see how that goes.

So yeah, you won’t be able to connect a new device to Gemini unless you’re in the United States.

Hello @Saoiray,

I think that the problem comes from the fact that I am on Shadow, which could be detected as a VPN.

Because I assure you that I can connect to Gemini on my smartphone or my other PC, even though they are NOT in the USA.

Thanks!
Lupsoris

Hello @Saoiray… ?

Any news?

@Lusiiky Not sure what news you’re referencing. I provided you links on where to follow any updates.

As to your computing scenario, I’m not even sure what to say. As you mentioned things like cloud computing, I’m assuming that’s basically a Virtual Machine. In the past, it was said that isn’t supported by Brave.

Of course, I’m having to try to guess what you’re saying. Like you mentioned “bas location, not supported” and I’m assuming you’re referencing the Region not supported message, of which I told you no new connections can be made to Gemini. So if your device hadn’t been linked to Gemini before, you wouldn’t be able to connect to it now. You mentioned your phone could, but if it had been connected before, that’s why.

Of course, you also haven’t mentioned what country you’re in or anything either.

Guess let me also tag in @Mattches and @SaltyBanana to see if either can confirm that assumption about cloud computing being VM and if it’s supposed to work with Rewards.

I am in the US and I’m receiving the issue. My gemini account won’t verify or connect t brave

@g0nz0 Was the ID document you used (e.g., your driver’s license, passport, etc.) when ID-verifying your Gemini account from the United States? Or was it from another country?

I get the following error message:

"
Error: Brave Rewards profile is flagged

Unfortunately, your Brave Rewards profile has been flagged, and you’re not able to verify with a custodian at this time. This flag can sometimes be due to irregular Brave Ads activity, though it can also be a false positive.

Note that while your Brave Rewards profile is flagged, you won’t be able to verify.

No action is required on your part. Your Brave Rewards profile will be automatically reevaluated on a regular basis to determine when (or if) the flag can be removed. Please try again every so often to see if the flag has been removed.

Learn more about Brave’s process for flagging Rewards profiles.
"

@g0nz0 That is not related to US/region restrictions. If your profile is flagged, please open a ticket here: https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

thank you Chris, I appreciate it.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.