How to update brave

how to update brave, i am on windows but i have never updated brave in fear of losing the open tabs and all data present in the search history, tabs, bookmarks and mainly rewards

You don’t lose things like that when updating Brave.

Click on the hamburger menu at the top right of the screen and go to “About Brave”. That will take you to the update menu. Just let the program check the servers to see if you have the latest version.

1 Like

Curious to know what brave version are you using? I’m wondering if it has been updating automatically. You can check using brave://settings/help or click the hamburger menu in the top right of the page and click About Brave towards the bottom of the list.

You can save your current Brave-Browser folder as a back-up and restore it if something goes wrong. This will save your rewards and profiles. You can find the path to your Brave-Browser folder by going to brave://version and copying the Profile Path information to Brave-Browser in the path displayed. Don’t know about the history and tabs but you can also save your bookmarks separately by going to brave://bookmarks and clicking on the Organize menu in the upper right and exporting your bookmarks.

1 Like

i am on 1.38.109 currently is it the latest one ? also there is no hamburger menu its the the 3 lines kind of the normal menu looking button

That is the latest one! Yeah! Just copy your Brave-Browse folder, preferably to an external device, and you will have a backup in case you need it. I make at least one backup at the end of each month before Rewards reset.

That’s it. It is frequently called a “hamburger” menu. :smiley:

oh thanks for the info :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.