How to save pinned tabs

Hi,

I want to save my pinned tabs and let Brave load them automatically.
Can anyone advise?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

Hello @CooperOnTheRun

once you pinned a tab it will do that automatically

reopen your browser will load the pinned tab again and auto update it if any change happened

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hi, thanks for your help. Unfortunately, this is not working. All pinned tabs are gone after closing Brave.

1 Like

you very welcome but that strange

could you try to create new profile and check if it work fine with that new profile or not
make sure ti check if you on the latest version of brave

hope that help and have a nice day :slight_smile:

1 Like

I tried, but pinned tabs won’t be saved in a new profile as well.
I’m running Brave V1.20.103 but I had this issue when I switched to Brave the first time. Saving pinned tabs never worked for me. I always had to use an extension but this one is gone now.

1 Like

let me ask someone from the team to help you @Mattches

and have a nice day both of you :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you for your effort and have a nice day too!

1 Like

you welcome and thanks a lot :slight_smile:

1 Like

@CooperOnTheRun,
Are you referring to tabs that are “pinned” on the top like this:

Are are you referring to pinning top-sites on the new tab page?

1 Like

Yes. I can pin a website but after closing Brave, pinned websites/tabs are gone.

1 Like

@CooperOnTheRun,
Can you go to Menu --> History --> Clear browsing data and see if you have any data that is set to be cleared “on exit” (click the On exit) tab in the Clear browsing data window)?

1 Like

I deleted everything but saving pinned tabs is still not working for me.

@CooperOnTheRun,
I did not ask you to delete anything, I just wanted to see if you had accidentally checked any boxes here that may be clearing your data on exit:

Please ensure all the boxes listed above on your end are un-checked. Then, test again and see if you get the same issue. If you do, can you please try creating a new, temporary browser profile and see if pinned tabs behave the same way when using the new profile as they do in your original profile?

1 Like

All boxes are unchecked.
Also, I have the same problem with another/new profile.

Btw, since I started using Brave, saving pinned tabs has never been working. There was an extension but that doesn’t work anymore.

1 Like

@CooperOnTheRun,
Can you tell me if you get the same behavior with pinned tabs when you Quit the browser application entirely (right-click on the icon, then Quit), as opposed to just closing it?

1 Like

Yes, it’s the same issue.

1 Like

Okay, if you have some tabs open and pin some other ones, then close/re-open the browser, and look in Menu --> History do you see something like this and if so does clicking on it bring up the right tabs still pinned?

1 Like

I think you want the same thing that I use.

Brave hamburger menu > Settings > " Get started" page > “On start-up” section > “Open a specific page or set of pages”

1 Like

Yes, I can see the same.

1 Like

Thank you, but this does not open the tabs in a pinned mode.

1 Like