Autofill of addresses also silently adds login names which can't be managed

Description of the issue:
I’ve enabled saving of addresses, which I haven’t yet used. On a second visit to a banking site, I discovered that my login username had been stored (showed in a clickable text box below the field when I was logging in). I did not like that at all. The saved info was not shown as a saved item in settings/autofill and password/addresses and more. The only way I found to remove the stored username was to disable the “save and fill addresses” feature. This should be more nuanced. See more below.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Log in to banking site with address save/autofill enabled
  2. Log in again another time, and notice username has been saved
  3. Try to remove it; but as far as I can tell, only disabling address saving/autofill does that

Expected result:: I should be able to save name and address entries without also saving login usernames. (happily, passwords are handled separately). Alternatively, I should be able to suppress saving usernames for specific sites. NOTE: other browsers do not save usernames unless the corresponding password is also saved.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.52.129 Chromium: 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: I’m running Brave on Linux, specifically Kubuntu 22.04
sysinfo

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.