How to Clear the Brave DNS cache

Lately I have had to clear the Brave cache a number of times in the last several months to fix the “resolving host” message I get at the bottom of the screen. It takes a lot longer than it used to to resolve and go to the website page. Clearing the cache seems to help for a while, but is not the (semi) permanent fix I am looking for. On occasion, I also get an error message when Brave could not show the web page I was trying to get to load. The message is something like: ‘cannot display your results now-please try again or restart browser’. My research came up with a suggestion to clear the Brave DNS cache, but I can’t find anything specific on how to do that (I did find some instructions on how to clear the Chrome DNS cache).
How can I fix this delay in resolving host? How can I clear the DNS cache in Brave?

1. It seems to happen mostly when I type in a URL in the browser.
  2. The other error message (the page not loading) is too intermittent to reproduce.

I’d like to reduce the amount of time it takes to resolve the host.

Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Thanks.

1 Like

Jumping on this question too - are there settings for clearing DNS cache in Brave?

FYI found this - brave://net-internals/#dns

Still would love more info on if this works OK?

Hi Austin2,
Thanks for your post. I wanted to add that I resolved the “resolving host” issue, but not in the way I would have wanted. It turned out that my modem/router was the problem, and as soon as I replaced it the problem went away.
I did check out your find: brave://net-internals/#dns It does go to a page where you can clear the cache. I didn’t try it yet, but it looks like that’s how it’s done in Brave.
Thanks again.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.