How can I fix can't press arrow keys and space bar when I'm watching video on youtube?

5. Help us help you. This is how we expect you to write a post:

This happens only when I’m watching videos no matter on different websites. Sometimes I watched the full video without any issues. Sometimes I press the arrow keys and space bar without function. Even though I cleared all of the cached and cookies. It still happens every time even clear after a few minutes.

The weird thing is before pressing any arrow keys without function. The system will pop up the link in the left bottom corner of the video. Once the link pops up within 0.5~1 seconds, the video has a big chance to make arrow keys and space bar no function. For example, the link might be “ty.ytlogs.ru”. What can I do manually use my mouse to pause the video. After that, it can work for only a few minutes and each video repeat the same instruction. It’s very annoying and also makes me felt the browser performance is quite bad and a little bit lagging.

I don’t know if other users have this kind of issue or not. But this happens most coming from youtube. And recently the browser taking me a lot of memory without any reason. Just opening 3 or 4 tabs can take more than 1600MB of memory.

What can I do even I find the ChatGPT provide the solution also didn’t fix my problem. Below is I tried to solve the issue and my system information
Clear cached and cookies.
Remove unused or unnecessary extensions.
Uninstall and Re-install again the browser.

Currently brave version 1.52.129 Chromium: 114.0.5735.198 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Windows 10 system
12GB RAM
AMD Ryzen 7 2700U with Radeon Vega Mobile Gfx 2.20Ghz

Could you disable Hardware acceleration?
Found at Settings → System

Yes, I did. But the issue still happening.

Here is the example when I’m watching the video and not able to use arrow keys to forward, backwards, and pause it.
Note*: I’m using laptop, but the link was pop up mobile version.

Could you try in brave beta or nightly?

After I tried to install the beta version. It’s fixed a lot of issues and the memory usage was stable too. Thanks for your help!

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.