Hover on a Youtube title opens a pop-up that is obscured by the mouse pointer

Description of the issue:
Topic Title says it all

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Open a Youtube video.
  2. Hover over a title underneath the video and the pointer changes to a pointing finger. A pop-up will appear with the non-truncated version of the title.
  3. The “Hand” pointer covers part of the non-truncated version of the title.

Expected result:
That the pop-up is not covered.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Version 1.41.100 Chromium: 103.0.5060.134 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
See screen-shot here: https://www.dropbox.com/s/ak3fz97mumeskmx/Screenshot%20from%202022-07-29%2015-13-12.png?dl=0

@alfredo4570,
Thanks for reaching out.
Unfortunately I’m not convinced this is a Brave issue — do you see this same behavior in other browsers? On my end on both macOS and Windows, I see the following when I hover over a YT title:
(note that for some reason the mouse cursor disappears when I take the screenshot, but it was more or less on top of the first “D” in the main YT title)

HI, I have two other browsers on my Linuxmint laptop: Firefox & Opera, refer attached.

My Screenshot app has an option for including or excluding the pointer.

Thanks for the screenshots. Seems quite strange that his would only happen in Brave. Let me forward this to the team to see what we can do. Can you also please confirm for me exactly which Linux distro/version you’re running at this time?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.