Home Depot won't accept stored credit card information in the brave browser

Description of the issue:
When shopping online I click on the credit card field to autofill the credit card information stored in Brave. The name and partial card number appears for me to select. I click on that card info and it populates the credit card field briefly then disappears. I can repeat the process by clicking on the credit card field again and get the same results.

Exact URL of the website in question:
https://www.homedepot.com/mycheckout/checkout (this happened whether I was signed in to my Home Depot account or checking out as a guest)

Did the issue present with default Shields settings? (yes/no)
Yes

Does the site function as expected when Shields are turned off?
No

Is there a specific Shields configuration that causes the site to break? If so, tell us that configuration. (yes/no):
I don’t know as I only used shields up and shields down and it didn’t work in either setting.

Does the site work as expected when using Chrome?
Yes

Brave version (check About Brave):
Version 1.13.82 Chromium: 85.0.4183.83 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@lblomq,
Have you seen this behavior occur on other websites that take credit card info, or is it just Home Depot’s website that behaves this way?

That’s the only site where I’ve tried to use a credit card since I started using Brave. I just tried on ebay and that site worked as expected.

@lblomq,
So I ran into a different issue on Home Depot – attempting to add an item to my cart would not go through initially. I had to change the fingerprinting option in Shields settings to Allow all.... That said, when I did go to purchase something, the saved credit card info was autofilled into the form without any issue.

You said that you’d tried Shields on/off on the site – can you instead try Shields = Up, but change the fingerprinting option in Shields settings to Allow all fingerprinting as I did and see if this changes the behavior at all?

I tried that and it didn’t work. Here’s screen shot of the settings just to make sure I’m doing what you asked.

image001.jpg

@lblomq,
Do you have any extensions installed in the browser at this time?

image001.jpg

@lblomq.
Can you try disabling these and see if this resolves the issue?

Additionally, if that doesn’t work, can you try clearing cache/browsing data for Home Depot by visiting the site, clicking the Lock icon, then Site settings --> Clear data, then test again and see if it will autofill your data as intended?

Neither option worked. I did have several browser tabs open and only closed the home depot tab with each test. When I tried the second test, after clearing the data and closing that one tab, when I opened a new tab and went to home depot, I was still signed in. I had assumed that clearing the data would have logged me out of the session.

image001.jpg

@lblomq,
Please repeat this test with only one window open and only on tab open w/Home depot.

That worked.

image001.jpg

1 Like

@lblomq,
Glad to hear it! Please let us know if you have any father issues.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.