Home and End keys not working for scrolling a website

Description of the issue:
Home and End keys don’t scroll up and down page, despite Brave’s keyboard shortcuts page stating that they do.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Go to any website that is long enough to show a scroll bar on the right and try using Home and End keys.

Expected result:
Browser should scroll to top or bottom appropriately.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.30.86 Chromium: 94.0.4606.61 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Although it’s been this way for as long as I can remember.

Additional Information:
I can’t find any website where scrolling works. However, the same sites will scroll if I use a different browser.

@lightyeare,
These buttons do work for me as intended.
Do you have any extensions installed in your browser at this time? I’m wondering if one of them may be “hijacking” the shortcut keys.

Thank you for your response. I’ve disabled the 3 extensions I have:

I closed and reopened brave and visited half a dozen websites and home/end still don’t work. Any other suggestions?

Interestingly, Home/End on this page will jump me back and forth between the top of the first post (maybe the top of the page) and the last post (but definitely not the bottom of the page). This is actually the most functionality I get out of Home/End on any website :slight_smile:

@lightyeare,
Thank you for checking. If you don’t mind, I’d like to perform another test here – simply create a new test profile, visit a site and check to see if you get the same results when trying to use those keys.

It works as expected in a new profile. I deleted my old profile and will roll with this one :man_shrugging: Thanks for your help.

1 Like

@lightyeare,
You’re very welcome – I would wager it was still due to either one of your extensions in the old profile, or some sort of bad data in your browser cache (you could try clearing browsing data in your original profile to see if this helps).

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.