History not working on iOS

Description of the issue: History not working on iOS

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.

1. Click the „…“ button in the bottom right hand corner of Brave.
  2. Click history

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!): History only for today will be shown. Additionally only a limited number of items will be shown.

Expected result: All history is shown.

Reproduces how often: Always

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu): iPhone 11 Pro and iPad Pro with iOS 13.6.1 and Brave 1.19

Additional Information: This bug has first been reported last year. Apparently it has still not been fixed. It is fair to say that Brave for iOS has no working history at all. Since this bug has been there for months I wonder how it could have possibly be missed by the developers. @Mattches @thommes

I have tried to figure out what the problem is with Brave and the missing history on iOS. I have a couple of friends who all use Brave on their iPhones and/or iPads.

I have asked them about the history in Brave on their devices. On iPhones: All but one have no working history. But I was not able to figure out what is different on the one iPhone which has a working history. All use iOS 13.6 on their devices.

On iPads: Three have a history reaching back a couple of days, two only see today’s history. But even the three who do see a history on their iPads can only find a few dozen websites in the history. So only a fraction of the visted websites can be seen in history.

Bottom line: Their is a very serious bug in Brave when it comes to history. Maybe this is a limitation of iOS. I have no idea. Brave’s devs should know it.

And something else, that might be more serious than this bug: I have recommended Brave to my friends in the past. Most of them have been using Brave. People using Windows or Android are happy with it.

But as I spoke with my iOS friends in the past couple of days ALL complained about how buggy Brave is on iOS. Some even pointed out bugs that I have not yet seen but could confirm with them.

@Brave: At least on iOS Brave is in a very sad state right now. I have no idea if the Brave devs have abandoned iOS. At least it seems so. The amount of things not working or the number of bugs is astonishing.

ALL of my iOS friends told me that they have already gone back to using Safari or are planning to do so. I’m on the brink of doing the same. There are just not enough benefits of using Brave when you have to deal with so many issues … without seeing much improvement or any at all.

1 Like

@Brave_user,
I’m not getting this behavior but I will open an issue for the team to investigate by the end of today. Apologies for the inconvenience.

1 Like

@Mattches
Here is an example from my iPad. This is the history with German language settings. „Heute“ means today. I have been using Brave for weeks on this particular device an I have never deleted the history. But as you can see in the screenshot I cannot scroll down any further. So I can only see the history for today. Actually it is only the history of the past couple of hours.

2 Likes

@Brave_user,
I’ve opened the following issue for the Devs to address:

1 Like