History sync is broken and one-sided

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
I have Brave on my iPad and my Android phone. Enabled sync today. It’s only syncing bookmarks properly. The browsing history from my iPad is showing up on my Android phone, but the browsing history from my phone is not showing up on my iPad. Also, on my phone, if I click “Send to my devices” >> iPad, nothing appears on my iPad.

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Enable sync (and history sync) between an iPad and an Android phone
  2. Browse the web on phone
  3. Check history on iPad

Expected result:
Properly synced browsing history across both devices.

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Mobile Device details
iPad Air 5

Additional Information:

I have the same issue with Macbook and Iphone. Bookmark sync works but history sync is not working only the typed URL happens to sync on it’s own. I expect chrome like syncing ability

To be honest, the only reason I wanted to try Brave is that no other cross-platform browser for the iPad has built-in ad-blocker. If it won’t sync history or tabs, the cross-platform part is completely pointless.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.