Issue with history sync between Desktop and iPhone

Description of the issue:
History Sync between iPhone and Windows stopped working as intended. History on Desktop doesn’t even show iPhone listed, but it does still show my Android. When checking Sync settings, it shows all three devices are on the same Sync chain.

I will say it seems passwords and bookmarks are still working as intended through Sync, but not sure what else is going on here.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

  1. Visit websites on my iPhone. Some sites typed out, others from Top Sites, and a couple from Bookmarks
  2. Go to Desktop and open History
  3. Click on Tabs from other devices
  4. iPhone is not listed, only my Android. All iPhone history not visible.
  5. Go to iPhone and check History. iPhone is able to see Windows history
  6. Go to Settings → Sync to ensure it’s selected to share everything
  7. Get frustrated because I’m unable to find out why Brave on Windows can’t see my iPhone

Reproduces how often:

Every time I try it

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
iPhone is using Brave 1.42 (
Windows 10 is using Brave 1.42.97

Type of devices currently running on the Sync chain in question:
iPhone 13 Pro Max
Desktop: Windows 10 Pro Max

Additional Information:

I’d share sync-internal screenshots here, but I forget if that’s safe to openly share or if it has info that should be kept private.

Just updating the topic here. Brave version on Desktop is now v1.43.88

Went to test and History is still an issue.

For a test, went to History on my iPhone and saw it only showed what I had visited on my phone. I went to desktop and went to, a website I haven’t used. Yes, it was a typed history and not clicked or anything. No matter how long I waited, it never showed up in my iPhone’s history.

Then I went to my iPhone and decided to try a random internet address, so I typed in It loaded to the site, which is a coming soon thing, but it loaded. No matter how long I waited, it never showed up in my history on my Windows.

In terms of Tabs from other devices, that also is the same issue. Windows is able to see my Android but nothing on iPhone, even with tabs open.

1 Like

Opened issue for this on Github.