History only shows today instead of the traditional 20 days worth of previously visited pages

Description of the issue:
Every time I tap the menu icon on the top left corner of the browser and then tap the History button only pages I visited today show. I use Brave everyday so there should definitely be much more included on the History page. Typically browser history shows you the last 20 days if I remember correctly. This has been happening for at least 2 months. When I go into Settings I do not even see a menu option for changing how many days of History the browser keeps.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):

1. Tap on menu button
  2. Tap History icon
  3. Only pages visited today is listed

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
At least two weeks of visited pages listed to scroll through so you can revisit them if needed.
Reproduces how often:
Every time
Brave Version(about:brave):
I don’t know how to find the version of this browser on an iOS device.
Mobile Device details
2018 iPad 9.7” purchased 10-8-18 and iPad Air purchased 3/15/16
Android/iOS Version
Additional Information:
In related news I spend a lot of time using this browser to read on http://fanfiction.net and when I exit the browser for more than 20 minutes (by changing to a different app or even sometimes by locking the screen) when I go back into the app it’s no longer showing the page I was on but instead loads another page I had visited months ago https://archiveofourown.org/works/365648/chapters/593972 and I don’t know why. When this happens I go to History to try and get back to the last page I was on and that’s when History will only say Today and only shows the AO3 page. I know it’s bizarre but I thought I should tell y’all anyway.

Click on the gear icon next to history and scroll down to the bottom of the page. That will show the browser version.

When you say exit do you remove it from memory or just background the app and launch again?

Thanks! The version is Version 1.6.5 (18.09.26.16)

Typically just background the app although I have also force closed it and reopened it but the issue happens again.

Ok this is an interesting one. Couple more questions (Sorry about that).
How many tabs do you generally have?
Does this issue happen only on one site or in general?
Does your browsing history only contain this one site or is it a mix of different sites?
Do you have any of these sites added as a favourite in newtab?

1 Like

Depending on your answers to @sriram’s questions it may also be useful to clear data and/or permissions for that particular website.

1. To quickly clear cookies on a specific site:
  2. Open the main menu
  3. Navigate to Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy and Security --> Cookies --> All Cookies and Site Data
  4. Find and select the website in question here, then click “Remove All” on the top right
  5. Additionally, you may want to linger a couple steps up in the cookies menu (Settings --> Advanced --> Privacy and Security -->Cookies) and check to see if you have any sites listed under "Clear on Exit

For the most part I usually have 5-8 tabs open. When I am active on a tab I have it in Reader View so I can have a bigger font and background color that is easy on the eye. It seems to only forget what page was here and load the AO3 page on my active fanfiction.net tab. I have another tab for a different story on the same site that is not currently in Reader View and it shows exactly as I left it when I go back to it so far.

I have no favorites at all.

The browsing history still only shows today’s pages but it’s showing all the different sites I visited today on all the tabs I have tapped on.

@Mattches
I am using Brave on iOS so in Settings I do not see a section/option for Advanced

Oops, thats my mistake. Misread the tag label, my apologies.
Reaching out to iOS team, will let you know what I find out.

Ok I think the issue might be because of the reader mode being active on the tab. You might be running into this issue

So probably the tab losing reader mode state is causing it to go back to a different page in history.

We have a new version of iOS app in works which should fix these issues.

1 Like

Well now I feel less crazy since it’s not just happening to me. The History is supposed to show more than one day though right?

Yes its supposed to show older history as well and not just one day browsing history

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.