Help Needed: Brave Browser Not Opening on Windows 11

Hey Brave Community,

I’m encountering an issue where the Brave browser won’t open on Windows 11 when I’m using my school Chromebook. This problem is really disrupting my workflow, and I haven’t been able to find a solution on my own. Has anyone else experienced this or know how to fix it?

I’ve tried the basic troubleshooting steps, such as restarting both the school Chromebook and the Windows 11 session, reinstalling the Brave browser, and checking for any system updates, but nothing has worked so far. I’m wondering if there might be compatibility issues or specific settings that need adjustment.

Your expertise and advice would be a huge help in getting Brave up and running smoothly again on my Windows 11 setup via the Chromebook.

Thanks in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,
Jonathan Jone

@jonathanjone,
Thanks for reaching out.
First of all, what happens when you try to launch the browser? Nothing? Are there any errors displayed? Does the process show up in the task manager at all?

I’m also a bit confused here — afaik without a good amount of trickery and modifications, Chromebooks can’t run Windows 11. Also, you’re saying it’s a school computer? If that is the case, then it’s likely that there is some restricts placed on the machine that prevent 3rd party applications from being run.