Have the following problems with updating the beta version

Hello.
I have download the latest beta version of brave and I am happy with the beta version but now have the following problem, the fist problem is when the beta version was updating the download got to 66% and it got stuck and did not move on, but when I close brave and re-open the brave and check the update it told me the that brave was up to date, but there was a update today but now cannot update the beta version get the following error when I checked the error on the webpage it tells me to re stall the new setup file.
Any help with this would be great.
Thanks
Matthew

Hi @matthewatlant0s,
What version OS/device are you using?
What version of Brave are you on?

Hi,
Thanks for getting back to me,
Just to let you know Brave beta updated today. without any problem but I will send me the information you ask for.
Thanks

Hello,
here is the info you asked for.
Windows 8.1 and the brave beta version [
Version 1.18.63 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) beta (64-bit.
Hope this helps.
Thanks

Having the same issue. Brave Beta is not updating anymore.

I’m on Windows 10 Version 1903, Brave Beta Version 1.18.60 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) beta (64-bit.

When i check for updates it just keeps checking and displays error message and to check back later.

Same result no matter when i try.

When i check for updates through search function in settings, it keeps searching endlessly.
What to do about this? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Can you both try opening the task manager and ending any/all Brave processes (this includes both updater and renderer processes)? Then, relaunch Brave and see if the update goes through.

Ended all Brave processes (including updater and renderer processes), then relaunched Brave.
Now it’s stuck checking for updates, infinite loop, no error messages, just keeps checking.

Still no change. It’s not updating. Stuck in endless load loop.

Tried in non-beta. Now there the same occurs.
Version 1.17.73 Chromium: 87.0.4280.67 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I installed both from brave.com/download. Didn’t use any of the github installers.

brave beta displayed update today.
Updated without issues to Version 1.19.60 Chromium: 87.0.4280.101 (Official Build) beta (64-bit)

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.