Hardware acceleration issue

Description of the issue: White screen After restoring the Brave Window from minimized state

How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Enable Hardware acceleration
  2. open few tabs with websites
  3. minimize and wait for 20-30 seconds or couple of minutes
  4. Maximize/Restore Brave Window and then for few seconds a white screen is displayed

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave): [
Version 1.25.68 Chromium: 91.0.4472.77 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: Graphic card : Intel HD 630/ Nvidia GTX 1060 . Windows 21H1/20H2

At a guess, maybe the browser is using the GPU acceleration from Intel and not the Nvidia GPU.

Nvidia GPU acceleration will be less problematic, I would check in Windows settings, Graphic Settings and look for Brave and ensure it’s using the Nvidia video card.

Its the same with both Intel and Nvidia. I already tried to open brave with Nvidia

No issue with other chromium based browser like Edge and Chrome.

Tested in new profile, I wasn’t able to reproduce this on my end (2 different machines, 1 laptop and desktop.) Using Nvidia 2080S 466.27 Driver (Desktop) and AMD 20.10.32 / 1660 Ti Nvidia 461.09 (Laptop).,

Would update the graphics driver, and test in a new profile.

If failing that, log an issue report with more details in https://github.com/brave/brave-browser/issues

Graphic driver is updated

I even tried to do a clean installation of Windows 10 21h1

No reply on GitHub from anyone regarding this issue

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.