Brave (current x64 version) starts to a white screen and ends without ever showing any tab

Description of the issue:
I installed Brave x64 version on W10 on 10-Apr-2019
all worked cool, got all the bookmarks, etc. from Chrome.
all of a sudden Brave starts to a white screen and ends soon after without ever showing any site or tab
In the task manager I can see Brave starting and creating several lines of records, then it ends.

I managed to get it to run for a while from time to time, when I start a “historical” window when I right click the Brave icon from the task bar.

Shortly after I installed Brave I also did a bit of a cleanup and may have caused this issue.

**Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. start Brave from the taskbar 2. see white screen pop up 3. Brave stops
also tried this setting in the shortcut I use:
“C:\Program Files (x86)\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe” -disable-gpu

Did not work.

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):

Expected result:
Just want to see the tabs and browse :wink:

Reproduces how often:
I can recreate it any time

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 x64, Brave can’t really say as I cannot get it to start right now - I downloaded the x64 version on 10 and 11.April
Here it is: Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Would be cool if someone could help me with this. Might be Windows 10 related.
Also looked into the System Event Logs, but could not seem to find an issue related to the Brave browser.

I now switched off Hardware Acceleration and Brave seems to like that a bit more… managed to start from a URL that I had placed on my desktop… still ending without warning after a while… :frowning:

solved the issue, it was an outdated screen handling software called UltraMon.
Updated to the last version UltraMon_3.4.1_en_x64.
All works fine.

Please close this ticket.

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.