Flash wont load, even after PPAPI reinstall from above, missing from Components list

Description of the issue:
flash, which loaded fine just a few days back, will not load at all now. i rely on being able to view swf-files. i could not even find any of the template permissions to forceful enabled flash. it seems to be broken. its even missing from the components list chrome://components/

How can this issue be reproduced?
visit any pages with flash-based content. the page itself loads, but the flash content does not appear. no visual “start flash” indicators appear.

try to click the “lock” symbol > site settings > flash > allow
doesnt do anything either. it seems as if flash wont install at all on brave anymore

the flash content only shows a warning: “this plugin is not supported” so the issue might be the plugin but i already tried to reinstall it from adobe

UPDATE: Following instructions on this post Flash not working - STILL?
i visited some sort of game site that had a different flash feature. It made the “run flash” pop up appear in brave at least. nothing happened after that, so i assumed it was still broken. so then i reinstalled flash again, with brave closed. after that, flash started loading again where i use it. so not sure what was wrong, but i installed flash twice (once with brave closed) and visited a game website and activated flash from there… after that it works. very, very troublesome but at least it worked for me

Expected result:
i would expect flash to load, and to be installed. neither seems to be the case currently

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.5.115 Chromium: 80.0.3987.149 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
windows 10 pro 1909/18363.752, laptop lenovo legion

@chad90b,
Thanks for reaching out. Let’s start over – can you tell me what sites specifically you’re trying to view Flash content on that aren’t working in Brave?

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.