Update Flash option missing from Components

I’ve have been following instructions to update flash on my brave desktop browser (windows 10 64 bit). (https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018163151-How-do-I-manage-Flash-audio-video-)

But when I go to chrome://components , Flash is not listed. I already followed Step 4: Reinstall Flash mentioned in above support article, but no luck.

Any suggestions or solutions?

Thank you.

@user231281381290,
That article is likely somewhat outdated – I’ll make sure the article gets edited.
What exactly is the issue you’re having with Flash?

How do I enable and update flash? When I go to brave://components , flash option is not showing.

Are you using the latest release of the desktop browser? This would be v0.64.77 at the time of writing this – Menu --> About Brave to find this information.

Yes.

Brave is up to date

Version 0.64.77 Chromium: 74.0.3729.169 (Official Build) (64-bit)

@user231281381290,
For security reasons, Flash is limited to a per-site, per-session basis. If a site requires Flash to run, you’ll prompted to Block Flash from running, or Allow it once. This may be why it doesn’t appear in the list of available components.

Are you running into a website saying that Flash needs to be updated?

Yes. Flash needs to be updated. My question is why flash update option missing from brave://components?

This topic was automatically closed after 30 days. New replies are no longer allowed.