I am trying to update Flash on Brave but when I go to brave://components, Adobe Flash doesn’t appear at all.
Welcome to community! This post may shed some light - https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/articles/360018163151-How-do-I-manage-Flash-audio-video-
Hey. Again, Adobe Flash Player does not show up in brave://components for me to be able to update
So is anyone gonna help?
If a website isn’t working, you might need to change your settings to allow Flash.
- To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info .
- At the bottom, click Site Settings.
- In the new tab, to the right of “Flash,” click the Down arrow Allow.
- Go back to the site and reload the page.
Am I getting automated messages? Are you guys reading the comments? I already allowed Flash on the website but I cannot update Flash because it’s not in brave://components. How do I fix that? I already have Flash but it needs to be updated and need it to show up in brave://components
Hi Shack, what OS and Brave version are you running?
After some fiddling around I think I got a work around.
If you have Chrome go to “C:\Users[profile]\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data” and find the file PepperFlash and paste it into “C:\Users[profile]\AppData\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data”
It still doesn’t show up in components but it seems to get the damn thing to work. Playing a few games on newgrounds and I don’t seem to have any problems aside for a few games that I’m not even sure are running off flash, been a while since I visited the site.
Hopefully this helps.
- What site is telling you to update — can we get a link/screen shot?
- Flash may need to be run before it appears in
- Flash is run on a per site, per session basis and it may not need to update at all