Feedback and question about verifying WordPress website

Hi,

First of all, congrats with your browser. Works like a charm. For me it is the first “privacy” browser that works nice an smoothly.

I wanted to add my website as a creator. This process could in my opinion use some improvements.

Since I have a WordPress website I had to verify my website via a plugin: (https://wordpress.org/plugins/brave-payments-verification/).

For safety and security reasons it is best to minimise the amount of plugins, especially once that are outdated, please see below for more information.

1. The last update was 2 years ago
  2. This plugin hasn’t been tested with the latest 3 major releases of WordPress. It may no longer be maintained or supported and may have compatibility issues when used with more recent versions of WordPress.

There are other options to a verify a website, like uploading a html file or code to the website.

Are there any other option becoming available to verify a Wordpress website?

@MOIMOI,
Thanks for reaching out to us. You can use the DNS verification method for Wordpress sites – however, you will need the “Custom DNS” from Wordpress:

Hi Thanks for your reply. Is uploading a .txt file an option?

@MOIMOI,
If your site is hosted by wordpress.com, you’ll have to use the custom DNS option.

Hi Mattches, My aplogies for the confusion. I use Wordpress, but not hosting my website on Wordpress.com. So assume the text file is possible?

Yes @MOIMOI . There’s two other methods to verify your site. Linked by Mattches on his first reply.

1 Like

Thank you for your feedback

1 Like