Fail to connect to my Uphold wallet while I am living in the supported country

Briefly describe your issue:
I have read through there’re heaps of similar topics but none of those might match my countries combination I guess :sweat_smile: . I got this error message while re-linking my Uphold account, authentication succeeded but somehow Brave thinks I am in unsupported regions…

I created my Uphold account in Australia with my Hong Kong passport and have never left Australia since then. Given both are on the supported list, it’s hard for me to understand what’s going on. I have asked Uphold support and they redirected me to Brave. That’s why I am here.
What Operating System and Brave version are you using (Menu --> About Brave)?
Win10: Version 1.43.89 Chromium: 105.0.5195.102 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Android: Beta 1.43.79, Chromium 104.0.5112.102
Linux (will add version later). None of them work.
Is your browser wallet currently verified? (yes/no)
yes
What date did you verify your wallet?
02/18/2021
Have you been able to successfully receive payments in the past?
yes
Are you using a VPN? (yes/no)
no
Are you in a supported region (see here for list of supported regions)?
yes, both.
Does your device pass the SafteyNet check (Android only)?
Yes
Have you fully completed Uphold’s CDD requirements?
I think so. My Uphold transactions work every day so far. Not to mention Uphold support doesn’t follow up with me either.

Ask support if any documents from your side are still to be uploaded.

Hi @aalank976 welcome to Community :smiley:

Could you kindly send me a DM of the email associated with your Uphold account and we can investigate further.

Much thanks!

Most likely, that’s your issue. Though both are supported, mismatch of KYC and all can cause issues in the system. It would be seeing your passport and all where you did KYC for Hong Kong but then other info in your Profile showing for Australia. Ideally that information needs to match.

That said, if you can get back to SaltyBanana, if you haven’t responded already, he’ll look into it and see if can’t help get things resolved. I just wanted to comment here for you and anyone else reading it so it can be seen that it’s important that your KYC documentation always be kept updated and, if possible, should match where you’re living. This is because these are looked at not only for fraud prevention (it’s easy to fake a residential address, but not to fake government ID like passport), but also to know what information to send to which government as part of KYC/AML and overall tax purposes.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.