Error When Using Bing Search on Mobile

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
I have Bing as my default search engine on mobile. Used to work fine, but now after searching and clicking on the result, I get an error message: “the URL was blocked by a content blocker - WebKitErrorDomain - Try again”. Bing works fine as the search engine on Brave desktop and there have been no changes to the filters. It also works fine in others browsers on my device (Safari, Chrome).
How can this issue be reproduced?

1. Search using Bing.
  2. Click any result.

Expected result:
Error message.
Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version 1.19.2 (20.08.05.18)
Mobile Device details
iPhone 6S iOS 13.7
Additional Information:
Google search works flawlessly.

@BertLahr,
I can’t seem to reproduce this on my end. Can you try clearing your cache/browsing data for and then see if you get the same results?

I just cleared both Microsoft/Bing and Brave mobile cache/browsing data and am getting the same result.

1 Like

Thank you for testing – we were also able to reproduce on an iPhone (specifically). Talking to the team about this presently. Appreciate your patience.

1 Like

@BertLahr,
It appears that the devs resolved the issue internally. Can you relaunch the browser and see if the issue persists?

1 Like

Working now! Thanks for fixing the issue so quickly!

1 Like

@BertLahr,
You’re very welcome – thank you for reporting :slight_smile: