Error: Device limit reached - useless response from support

Please read through our Help Center articles before opening a topic.

Rewards Help Center

Please fill out the template below:

<---------Delete this line and everything above before posting---------->

Briefly describe your issue:
Error: Device limit reached

What Operating System and Brave version are you using? (Menu --> About Brave)
Windows Version 1.65.114 Chromium: 124.0.6367.60 (Official Build) (64-bit)
and Android 1.64.122, Chromium 123.0.6312.122

Who is your verified custodian? (Uphold/Gemini/bitFlyer)
Uphold

Are you in a supported region? (see here for list of supported regions)
Italy

Hello all,
after some time I reinstalled the browser on PC, phone and tablet.
When connecting with Uphold, on PC and tablet I received the error that the maximum number of devices has been reached.
I opened a support ticket and was told that I had been using the software incorrectly.
But does this seem like irregular use to you?
Isn’t it possible to check somewhere how many devices are connected to a specific custodian and delete those no longer used?
If the Brave developers keep adding useless features (Leo?) and the basic ones don’t work (on my phone and PC I don’t receive notifications and the log is full of errors, “Publisher info not found” and “Payment token is not ready”), how do they plan to increase usage of the software?
Has anyone solved the problem?
Thank you

@mlods hey there. Let me address a couple things.

Firstly, the notice about there being a device limit is a misnomer. There are no longer any device limits for Rewards. You can see an official post from when that change happened in the link below:

These aren’t errors as you might think. This is Brave Rewards working as intended. It was checking to see if it could deliver an ad to you and/or whether payments were possible. The issue here is Brave doesn’t teach people how to understand what’s being said and many like to jump to the wrong conclusions through assumptions.

The system obviously detected some unusual behavior from you that they see as a potential attempt at abuse of Rewards. Unfortunately, they don’t spell out a lot of specifics on what we can or can’t do in the Terms. In fact, it’s really vague on what isn’t permitted and they won’t ever give details on what cause our accounts to be flagged. To make it worse, they even stopped giving us the warning/notification that our devices are flagged, which they used to provide to us.

This is an area where I agree Brave needs to improve on, but for now they say that they do manually review each ticket that comes in and are confident in the decisions they make when they flag people.

Did your response say you’re flagged and that it won’t be reinstated? Or what reply did you get? What was the ticket number for the support ticket they replied to?

1 Like

Thanks @Saoiray for your reply.
Currently I have problem with my tablet. PC and phone are ok.
The support ask me all the id and tell me that the problem will be resolved soon.

1 Like

Glad to hear it. I know I was trying to answer you from all fronts but then to make sure had correct info so Support could help you if they hadn’t arrived at a final answer. Hopefully definitely is something they get resolved for you and it’s not a matter of accounts being flagged (permanently).