"Error: Device limit reached"

Briefly describe your issue: “Error: Device limit reached” when trying to connect new devices

What Operating System and Brave version are you using?
Brave 1.57.49 on Windows 11 and Brave 1.57.50 on Android 13

Who is your verified custodian? Uphold

Are you in a supported region? Yes

I was told by @Saoiray on Reddit to post this here with my ticket ID: 210951

I’ve been having this issue for a few months now, and I’ve tried contacting support multiple times with no luck. I’m pretty sure this issue is because I’ve reinstalled Brave Browser multiple times, including in several different build channels.

2 Likes

@Evan123 when you get a moment, can you try to look into ticket 210951 and see if there’s any missing contact or what’s needed to try to help resolve it. Thanks!

Taking a look. Thanks!

2 Likes

I am having the same issue also.
have logged a ticket several weeks ago still no reply.

Ticket #216324

Could you take a look for me please @Saoiray

@saoiray
@Evan123

20 characters

I’m still having the issue, BTW. I asked if providing information from my one connected device would help. Was asked on September 1st for my Uphold Custodian ID, which I provided same day, and I haven’t heard anything since. :confused:

@philip_pc sorry I went quiet on you. Not sure why I failed to respond except I was leaving it to @Evan123. Let me tag in @steeven as well. Hopefully one of the two will get back to you if you haven’t heard anything yet.

And @RuiNtD did you create a support ticket as I mentioned earlier? To be honest, this error usually is more of an antifraud thing as they did actually remove the device limit. So I know they’ll need more info like your email, wallet payment ID from brave://rewards-internals on device that’s connected, etc. Then they’ll look into it and see what’s going on. All of that information shouldn’t be shared publicly, which is kind of one of the main reasons they ask people to submit support tickets. You can do a Rewards Support Ticket at https://support.brave.com/hc/en-us/requests/new?ticket_form_id=360001302431

Hello, I’m the OP. My ticket # is in the original post. Support should already have my email and (assuming my reply went through?) my Uphold Custodian ID. Do you also need my Rewards payment ID? I did mention that this issue is probably from reinstalling Brave Browser multiple times on multiple different devices, including multiple build channels. If it would help to just remove all devices from the account, that’s perfectly fine, since only one device is actually connected at this point. Thanks.

Bah, sorry. Only looked at most recent comments here. I have them tagged in at least so hopefully Evan123 or Steeven will get back to you here soon. Do keep in mind it’s Friday. As much as I hope they might be able to give you some update today, I do know they are very busy with a lot of things. If they don’t respond today, it won’t be until sometime next week before they likely can get to you. (Support isn’t typically active over the weekend)

@RuiNtD is ticket 210951

@philip_pc is ticket 216324

Thanks for the reply. Just wanted to make sure I wasn’t forgotten. I’ll go ahead and throw my Rewards payment ID into the ticket as well in case that helps.

1 Like

Thanks @RuiNtD, will take a look.

Thanks guys - yes as @RuiNtD suggested maybe all devices can be removed and we can start fresh by linking devices we use as I’m fairly sure I may have device linked that I no longer have.

Hi @RuiNtD, I see that there is an agent working on your ticket.

Hi guys this is fixed for my end now thanks and appreciate soo much.
However just a general question for future. In the case that I need to reset my phone or purchase a new phone, how do I unlink this current connected one? So I don’t run into this too many devices message again…

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.