Error code RESULT_CODE_HUNG

Description of the issue:
Issue: specifically when browsing Youtube windows will hang, usually but not always when trying to load a page and I get the one of the following errors;

Something went wrong while displaying this webpage

Not enough memory to open this page
Try closing other tabs or programs to free up memory

After crashing refreshing will reload the page and all is fine for a while then it will happen again. System memory (64GB) is nowhere near enough in use that it should be causing this issue. I have done some hunting around and as troubleshooting have

restarted computer
closed all other open programs
disabled all extensions (I only have 2, DuckDuckGo Privacy Essentials, SponsorBlock for YouTube)
use private mode
cleared cache

When trying private mode and after clearing cache I was able to browse/watch videos for a few hours before the first hang but this did not stop the issue. I have used Brave for years and have never had this problem before but I don’t get enough of an error message to troubleshoot further.

How can this issue be reproduced?
Browse and watch videos on youtube

Expected result:
No browser hang.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Brave Version 1.51.118 chromium 113.0.5672.126 (Official build) (64-bit)

Additional Information:
Windows 10 Pro
Microsoft Windows [Version 10.0.19045.2965]
Memory 64GB
Processor i7 13700k
System Type: 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor

1 Like

This is still happening after updating to v1.52.119, still trying to figure out some way to troubleshoot this further.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.