Edit buttons on Personal Capital website aren't working in Brave alone

The little edit buttons in Personal capital that allow you change details about a bank link or a simulation field for the retirement section simply do not work in brave. They do work in both Chrome and Firefox, and I have not had this issue on any other website.

How to reproduce:

1. Log in to a Personal Capital website.
  2. Navigate to Planning → Retirement Planner
  3. Hover over a field, or create a new one and click on the small pencil that appears

2a. If you have accounts linked to Personal Capital, you can see the same thing on the left hand side when you hover on an account and click on the pencils there.

I expect an edit window to appear so that I can change values for what I want to edit, but nothing happens. No errors, but I do get a bunch of warnings on startup like the following:

A cookie associated with a cross-site resource at was set without the SameSite attribute. A future release of Chrome will only deliver cookies with cross-site requests if they are set with SameSite=None and Secure. You can review cookies in developer tools under Application>Storage>Cookies and see more details at and .

I’m not a website designer, so I may miss details on what is happening, but I’ll try to describe it. On Chrome or Firefox, the button will cause the website to grey out and a editing pop up will show, allowing me to change certain fields.

I have shields down for the site, I have cleared my history and cookies, all to no avail.

Version: Version 1.1.22 Chromium: 79.0.3945.79

Here is the HTML of the button. It also has something else within a shadow-root (I have no idea what this is, but it seems relevant). I hope this helps:

<button type="button" class="pc-btn pc-btn--tiny pc-btn--stripped qa-edit-manual-account-header-button js-edit-account-button" title="Edit account" aria-label="Edit account">
          <svg class="account-details-edit-account-icon" viewBox="0 0 16 16">
            <use xlink:href="#pc-icon__pencil">
            #shadow-root (closed)
              <svg id="pc-icon__pencil" viewBox="0 0 9 9">
                <title>Icon Pencil</title>

<g transform="translate(-16.000000, -786.000000)">
                  <g id="Sidebar-Account-Hover" transform="translate(10.000000, 755.000000)">
                    <path d="M9.32104419,34.0216 ...more numbers like that one, but because I don't know  if it is personal financial information, I'm going to omit it to be safer... Z" id="Icon-Pencil"></path>
                  </g>
                </g>
              </svg>
            </use>
          </svg>
        </button>

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.