Downloaded Brave Beta now Brave Browser is gone

Hi I downloaded the Brave Beta version 1.39.79 as I wanted to see what it was like.

Description of the issue:
However I now realize it has removed my original Brave Browser and its short cuts, all I see are the Beta version short cut on the desktop now.
I have tried to locate Brave Browser under

User/ AppData/ Local/ BraveSoftware/ Brave-Browser/ UserData

but I cant see how to launch the program as there is no exe file.
I can see in the same /Local/ BraveSoftware folder the Beta version too.

I have tried to search the community but have not found anything to help. So can someone direct me to the correct file I need to open my original Brave Browser?

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Home 64bit

Additional Information:
I read that both browsers will run together and their profiles are separate but I cant even locate my Brave Browser Profile can someone also tell me where to look for that, thanks in advance for your help

You’ll find the exe for Brave in “C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe”

I have no idea what happened to your shortcuts but installing Brave Beta does not in any way overwrite the normal Brave browser.

Hi CloggyAbroad
Thanks for getting back unfortunately when I go to that location all I find is Brave-Browser-Beta.
I have been looking in this location myself for the file before but only found the beta version then. Yet Its strange as I did actually have Brave browser open the other night but I cant remember how the heck I did it. Maybe I went through profiles and opened it?
So maybe you could tell me how I did that? Or where I can find my profiles
It was late when I did it and I cant remember how , probably thank our friend Mr Covid for that as im still fuzzy a month after catching it. cheers

Hi CloggyAbroad
Thanks for your help but in the end I decided to throw the dice and download the latest version of Brave Browser and voila my profile is back and all my history and bookmarks. Cheers consider this case closed :wink:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.