Profiles gone AWOL

Description of the issue:
I had 4 profiles set up in Brave. Today, when I opened, it showed only the default profile loaded - others are missing. I checked the profile list, none were shown than my default.

I had desktop shortcut for the fourth profile - with which I could open it and it now shows up in profile switching button in top bar. But other two are still missing, including my bookmarks and everything.

As suggested in an unrelated query about profiles, I spotted folders Profile 1, Profile 2 and Profile 3 in AppData/Local folder of Brave. And since I could recover the 4th profile (4th including default in the count), I am hoping there’s some way to recover the other two as well!

Any help is greatly appreciated!

How can this issue be reproduced?
I think the last time my Windows crashed and I had to force re-start it - but I am not sure about it.

Expected result: -

Brave Version( check About Brave): Version 1.19.86 Chromium: 88.0.4324.96 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Additional Information: -

Sorry to bother - I don’t know how it happened but I could fix it this way:

I created 2 new shortcuts with following targets and launched it:

C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --profile-directory="Profile 1"

and

C:\Program Files\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\Application\brave.exe" --profile-directory="Profile 2"

Profiles are back in switching menu. Leaving it here hoping someone finds it helpful! And I hope developers can trace why it happened!

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.