Download save location dialog not displaying and files not downloading

• With the save file prompt setting enabled, Brave does not prompt where to save the file, and the file is not downloaded.

• With the save file prompt setting disabled, Brave downloads the file to the configured location as expected

• In Incognito mode, the save file prompt works as expected

• The save dialog is displayed properly with v113.0.5672.126 of Ungoogled Chromium

• The save dialog is displayed properly with v113.0.5672.126 of Google Chrome

Steps to reproduce:

1. Enable the browser setting “Ask where to save each file before downloading”
  2. Navigate to any site that allows downloading a file
  3. Click the web site link to download a file
  4. Unexpected Behavior: Nothing happens. No prompt. No file downloaded.
  5. Disable the browser setting “Ask where to save each file before downloading”
  6. Repeat Steps 2-3
  7. The file downloads as expected to the location configured in the settings
  8. Open Incognito mode browser window
  9. Repeat Steps 1-3
  10. File Save dialog is displayed and file is downloaded as expected

This issue occurs every time I attempt to download a file with the “Ask where to save each file before downloading” option enabled and I am not using an incognito window.

Brave v1.51.118 (Chromium v113.0.5672.126)

Additional Notes:

• I have tried disabling all of the few extensions I have installed. No change in behavior.
  • I do have a large number of brave windows and tabs open (180 tabs) but brave works properly otherwise.
  • This has always worked in the past on the same system. This is a recent behavior.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.