With the save file prompt setting enabled, Brave does not prompt where to save the file, and the file is not downloaded.
With the save file prompt setting disabled, Brave downloads the file to the configured location as expected
In Incognito mode, the save file prompt works as expected
The save dialog is displayed properly with v113.0.5672.126 of Ungoogled Chromium
The save dialog is displayed properly with v113.0.5672.126 of Google Chrome
Steps to reproduce:
- Enable the browser setting “Ask where to save each file before downloading”
- Navigate to any site that allows downloading a file
- Click the web site link to download a file
- Unexpected Behavior: Nothing happens. No prompt. No file downloaded.
- Disable the browser setting “Ask where to save each file before downloading”
- Repeat Steps 2-3
- The file downloads as expected to the location configured in the settings
- Open Incognito mode browser window
- Repeat Steps 1-3
- File Save dialog is displayed and file is downloaded as expected
This issue occurs every time I attempt to download a file with the “Ask where to save each file before downloading” option enabled and I am not using an incognito window.
OS: Linux (Zorin 16.2) (x11 windowing) (Gnome 3.38.6)
Brave v1.51.118 (Chromium v113.0.5672.126)
- I have tried disabling all of the few extensions I have installed. No change in behavior.
- I do have a large number of brave windows and tabs open (180 tabs) but brave works properly otherwise.
- This has always worked in the past on the same system. This is a recent behavior.