DNS failure on one specific site

I’m running Brave ([Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)]) on MacOS Catalina. For some reason, I cannot visit Marriott.com when using Brave. It errors with this message:

# Service Unavailable - DNS failure

The server is temporarily unable to service your request. Please try again later.

However, on the same host, this same website works with Safari and Chrome. Why would Brave be unable to properly resolve that domain? Doesn’t it rely on the same DNS resolver configured on the system?

1 Like

I tested this from a US vpn and NZ (local) seems to load fine. Can you re-test? or test via VPN?

This works fine on Windows 10. It’s only a problem with Brave on MacOS.

This is on my home network. In any case, I just tried it with NordVPN activated and it still has the same issue. Brave continues to be unable to resolve. On the same host, Safari and Chrome continues to work without any issue. Is there any setting in Brave that could be preventing proper name resolution?

Try various different sites, and also check that no proxy’s are set by accident.

I’m sure there’s no other proxy. Everything else works except for this site. It works fine with other browsers.

Does Brave have its own proxy settings?

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.