Didn't receive my lifetime BAT Rewards from Brave after ZebPay became custodian plus not receiving rewards on ZebPay from September onwards

I am not receiving any BAT rewards since Zebpay became my custodian, I can only see estimated earnings and nothing else. Also all my lifetime earnings of BATs are gone after ZebPay became the custodian. Please help in this regard

I am using Windows 10 and the brave version is
Version 1.60.110 Chromium: 119.0.6045.105 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Veriied custodian is ZebPay

Yes, India.

Best way to get help is going to be by Raising a ticket at

Make sure to share the ticket id here (you’ll get one to your email when you submit the ticket).

Also please be patient as it could take upto 2 - 3 weeks for a response due to the high number of incoming tickets, thanks!

@snehangshudas Keep in mind the earnings do not show up immediately. If you connected in October, then it should show up here for November payout which begins around the 7th of each month. (key word is begins, doesn’t mean you’ll receive payment that day).

If you just connected in past day or two before the sunsetting of vBAT, then it might appear now but could also wait until December.

Well, Zebpay I believe deducted your BAT as “membership fee” due to no trading activity.
They have this absurd T&C that you need to trade or lose an equivalent of 0.00001 BTC on the 1st of every month.
I’m not going to use Zebpay anymore.

By the way, can someone point me in the right direction as to why Brave cannot let users select their own custodian as in any Web3 wallet?

2 Likes

Umm the answer is that it is due to government & financial regulators setting rules.

They are exploring payments via Solana but no timeline given.

The issue is resolved, vBAT takes a lot of time to be credited to Zebpay. But I am still unsure about the custodian charges which Zebpay is going to levy. Any idea?

Hey. So if you keep the BAT in the brave rewards balance, there are no charges to your account. If you sweep them to Zebpay balance, any amount which is there will be accounted against the membership fee unless you do a trade.

Just to share, you’ll see this in the Zebpay app if you go to
Zebpay ->menu → Brave rewards

So the amount which is showing up in brave rewards balance isn’t gonna be counted for membership fees (in my case rn its 11.13, the amount which shows up in Zebpay balance for me rn is 16, is chargeable )

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.