Delete duplicate bookmarks?

Somehow through syncing I have now duplicates for most of my bookmarks (100s) - and some non-duplicates that I have added manually in Brave.

Is there a way to automatically delete duplicates? If not, could Brave incorporate this feature in their Bookmark Manager?

3 Likes

No luck yet clearly with the duplicate bookmark issue…

2 Likes

Same here, sync is causing bookmark duplication and it’s a pain to get cleaned up effectively.

1 Like

Any resolution? I saw this morning that the Brave Sync feature is available again.

2 Likes

Any news? Each time I look I have more duplicates…

2 Likes

I stopped looking… :see_no_evil:

1 Like

Help!!! I am having this issue. When I delete a bookmark it actually duplicates itself in the bookmark list.

how does this happen?

Im having the same issue. Brave are you guys finding a solution to this? I like using you over Safari. Im wanting to remove duplicate bookmarks to keep my bookmarks organized without having to go through all of them one by one. Thanks!

I also have the same duplicate bookmark problem. Over the last year, this has happened four times. I update Brave every time a new stable version comes out; that has never solved this issue. The duplicates are not in alphabetical order and are different each time I experience this issue. The duplicate bookmarks are different amounts.

I have tried the following without success.

Change the sync chain by deleting and adding a device and device. I have two Windows PCs, two Linux PCs, and two iOS cell phones. Limit the sync chain to three or two devices.

I have deleted and reinstalled brave, then rejoined the sync chain.

The only success I’ve had is to delete each duplicate one by one. I wish the issue were fixed, or at least Brave to have the function of removing duplicates with one click.

I’ve been using Brave for over a year now and use it on all of my devices. I just now created a community account because I am sick of the duplicate bookmarks on my PC and having to manually search for each one to delete it! Then to come here to find that this has been complained about already and for TWO YEARS nothing has been done?? I don’t know how I feel about supporting a company that doesn’t seem to care about this one small yet very helpful feature. If you can’t do that devs, then can you at least add a notification whenever a duplicate bookmark is detected, especially when syncing?

And can you allow me to open up Bookmarks Manager in more than one tab or window? You won’t even let me do that!

This is ridiculous.

same issue here. If Brave dev cannot fix the duplicates that are syncing, is there a way to set on device as Master and reset sync data on all devices in chain? vs. performing one by one?

I found a remove Duplicate bookmark Extension in the Chrome store…