Bookmark keep adding more of the same bookmarks

Every time I open my Brave Browser it automatically adds more of the same bookmarks I already have. Do I have to change something in the bookmark settings or something?

1 Like

@henkyspapiamento,
Is it duplicating bookmarks every time, or is it re-adding deleted bookmarks? Further, just to confirm, you do have Sync enabled, right? Can you please try either removing one (or both) devices from the Sync chain and/or toggling the bookmarks option “off” on one (or both) of your devices in Settings --> Sync? We are doing this to confirm (one way or another) that Sync is causing the duplicated bookmarks.

3 Likes

Thank you for your reply. Yes it does both, but not all the time and I do have Sync enabled. I have turned the bookmarks option off. I’ll notify you if there’s any changes in the behaviour.

1 Like

I have run into this same issue but I’ve never had the Sync on. I’ve only ever imported my bookmarks from the Chrome browser. Even after uninstalling the Brave browser, reinstalling it, and then importing my bookmarks again but from an individual file and not from chrome, the problem still persists.

Almost a month later and I have a similar problem again, but this time more extremely. My bookmarks folders keep multiplying everytime and when I go into the folders the links are also multiplied about nine times. I do not have the Sync button on since the last time. Can someone tell me what to do to prevent this, I keep deleting folders and links the whole time and evrytime I come back they are back.

@henkyspapiamento,
You’re saying you don’t have any data set to Sync, or do you have both devices removed from the Sync chain entirely?

The sync option is on and the Bookmarks option is turned off. There are two folders specifically that’s multiplying, I don’t know the reason for this. This is only happenning on my laptop. I deleted these two folders, because it’s anoying. The second thing I have done is deleting my phone device of the Sync chain and now I reinstalled it to see if this solve the problem.

@henkyspapiamento,
Let me know if leaving the Sync chain works.

Until now the folders didn’t continue to multiply themselves no more, I think it’s because I deleted the two anoying folders that were multiplying the whole time.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.