Brave Sync multiple bookmarks

Description of the issue:
I’m trying to be civil but man this has caused so much headache. I have 4 devices in my chain that I started on my main computer. I would have liked to just have all devices have the same bookmarks as my primary computer but for some reason I’m showing like 5 or 6 of the same bookmarks on the devices. I had around a thousand so there are so many now I’m about to explode. I keep deleting duplicates but then they keep showing up again. I have no idea what to do now, there are more sites being bookmarked now without me doing anything at all.

Expected result:
Just sync the bookmarks without making multiples of the same thing

Operating System and Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Windows 10 Brave 0.68.132

@calhix,
I definitely understand your frustration. Have you tried (after deleting the dupes) removing/readding your devices to the chain?

Hi @calhix, sorry this is happening to you! A better Sync will be on the way in the future – unfortunately, bugs like this do happen. I don’t think we’ve seen this one in particular before though. cc @Mattches – is there a fix out for this?

I’m having the same problem. When I delete a folder from the Bookmark Bar it comes back again and brings it’s children (i.e. folders with the same name but with links missing or empty). I tried renaming the folders that I knew were good so that I know which ones to use, but it changed the names back again.

This topic was automatically closed 60 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.