Custom avatar pictures for brave

I have 5 accounts (my Main, School, Work and my Sister’s and Brothers School accounts

i came from Chrome and noticed a speed difference and since their are no ads, I switched and its pretty Good but one thing is missing feature that chrome has. Chrome has the option to change profile pictures or what brave calls “avatars” and Brave only has some default ugly profile pictures that am forced to use.

If some people like the current avatars keep it, but please add the option to add custom profile pictures. hey while at it add support for GIF’s as well.

even this website allows custom profile pictures.

Ya it is a required feature for people with different profiles.
Also there should be a feature where we can import or export one’s profiles settings to another profile because most of the profiles we use we want to have same settings everywhere ;Present day in any browser we have to change settings manually.

3 Likes

The profile icons in Chrome are still in the browser, for some reason they have disabled it in the profile icon chooser. In your brave settings look for a “Local Store” file. This is in %APPDATA%/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/ in windows. In linux it is in ~/.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/
Edit the file in a text editor, change the ones that say chrome://theme/IDR_PROFILE_AVATAR_ Change it to a different number. 1-55 are the original Chrome ones. Above that are the Brave ones.

I cannot find avatar folder in windows
I guess its disabled in new update or something else changed.

more than likely becasuse they were attached to the google account they were synced with

This does not work at all. The last line is also bizarre. “Above that are the Brave ones” - above 1-55?? If they can be found in brave at all.

The “custom” profile pictures in Google Chrome are synced with your Google account profile email address. You cannot choose your own other than that, as far as I can tell.
Brave does not use Google sign ins to sync, rather a code system which is not linked to any profile avatar. I do agree, we need to be able to update our own avatars. Even Google Chrome has a better selection of basic avatars than Brave.

There is a directory called Local State but not Local Store.

Yes, you are correct.

Yes “.config/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Local State”
Or “APPDATA%/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/Local State”

You can see some of them here…
https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Category:Chromium_profile_avatars

I have made a video here… https://youtu.be/OHgyWIWJLiE