Custom avatars in profiles

Hi !!!

I use multiple profiles, and the possibility to use custom avatar profile would be very appreciated.
I tried to search the avatar folder, in order to add my custom pngs, but there are no ‘avatar’ folder there -> %LOCALAPPDATA%\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data\

Brave is up to date
[Version 1.2.43 Chromium: 79.0.3945.130 (Official Build) (64-bit)

6 Likes

Brave’s handling of profile avatars is holding me back from using it for a lot of things. I use profiles to segregate different aspects of my digital life (especially extensions that have no business gathering information about me unrelated to their purpose) and my work. Even overlooking the fact that we can no longer set custom profile icons, Brave’s built-in set of 5 different icons in a handful of repeating color schemes leave little room at all to pick visually distinct icons to tell profiles apart by. :confused:

Does anyone have an up-to-date method of setting custom icons?

1 Like

Well, I could use it as well, as you said, we are using our computers for various aspects in our lives. Work, volunteer organisations, hobbies, you name it.

The current set of icons look pretty much the same. What we need is the ability to put in a image file that is meaningful. For me that would be organisation logos. To you it might be cats, who knows.

1 Like

+1

Because with these default images are too abstracts and too similar. It’s hard to know when you are in one or other profile.

A temporary solution would be use different themes for each profile.

1 Like

Please Brave do not ignore us :slight_smile: this is important.