Ctrl + Click no longer opens page in a new tab

When I ctrl + left click on a link, it now opens the link in the current tab. Previously, it opened a link in the new tab. This is not expected behavior, and if it has been changed for some reason I want a link to some page that explains what all the new keyboard shortcuts are.

This occurs with a laptop touchbad, a USB mouse, and a bluetooth mouse.

Brave 1.64.116

Linux Mint 21.3 Cinnamon

Kernel 6.5.0-27-generic

I have a (mostly) similar installation - Debian rather than Mint. For me - Ctrl + left-click does open a link in a new tab.

A question and a commment.

The question: do you have any extensions installed? In June 2021 I installed Tabs to Front v2

I’ve been pleased with how Tabs to Front v2 behaves. There are alternatives to this extension that - reportedly - are less-well behaved. If you’ve installed one of those alternatives…

The comment: sometimes (rarely) I find that closing / re-opening Brave restores expected behavior; and - very rarely - I need to reboot to restore expected behavior.

I do not have any extensions. It comes and goes seemingly at random, I don’t know why.

Two more things:

1. Clicking back using the UI does not go back within the existing tab, but instead opens a new tab that is the previously opened webpage.
  2. Minimizing and maximimzing Brave makes it stop.

Sorry the problem persists. I hope others offer help.