Crypto Wallet Restore Account in a new device

Hi everyone

I was wondering what happens if something happens to my computer, is it possible to access my Crypto wallet using the “Restore account” and inserting the seed phrase, from a brand new computer?

Thanks in advance

1 Like

Hi, @vinikct, it’s a local wallet, so unfortunately no.

1 Like

Hi, thank you very much for your reply, it was very informative. So I assume that if I need to reinstall the windows or delete all my files I’m going to lose access of my wallet is that correct?

2 Likes

Other doubt I have, If I connect my Ledger / Trezor wallet in Brave wallet and use only the address of my hardware wallet in Brave wallet, if something happens to my computer I will just have to create a new Brave Wallet in other device and connect my hard wallet to access my crypto?

1 Like

You can back up “\Local\BraveSoftware\Brave-Browser\User Data” to save your rewards wallet

1 Like

The rewards wallet in the browser isn’t an onchain crypto wallet so it’s not possible to associate your Trezor with it

1 Like

Yes for crypto wallet

2 Likes

Hi I didn’t get it , yes what precisely?

1 Like

To your original post

1 Like

but saereV said the answer is no to the original post, so is it possible to back up the crypto wallet?

1 Like

I believe he’s confusing rewards wallet with crypto wallets

2 Likes

Try your seed on another machine, it will restore your crypto wallet, the seed phrase encodes your wallets private in public keys has nothing to do with the machine it was created on

2 Likes

Yes I was asking about Brave Crypto Wallet, nothing to do with Reward wallets. So if I have my computer destroyed and keep my seed phrase safe, am I going to be able to recover access to my wallet and all crypto assets in it? And what if the wallet has Defi positions like Liquidity Provider in uniswap, in case of a computer loss this kind of positions are going to be affected or access can be restored normally with seed phrase? Thanks in advance structdjm, very helpful!

1 Like

Yes, but if you have more then one crypto wallet created back up their private keys, theres an export private keys option in there or genrate a new seed if you made additional wallets post your original seed phrase

2 Likes

I suggest you try the seed on another machine to confirm all is well, you’ll feel better in doing so

2 Likes

I would backup the seed pharse and export private key(s) for each wallet

1 Like

Very helpful, thank you very much

2 Likes

Hey I was checking other device and in the Restore vault option there are no place to put a private key, only seed phrase in order to restore vault, so it isn’t really necessary to backup private key once seed phrase is the only thing brave request in order to restore the vault with wallets right?

Yes which is weird, this wallet is a fork from metamask, how ever just bout any other wallet will accept a private key metamask included, if you have additional wallets created after your seed was created they won’t be restored with that seed, that’s why I suggest you should export private keys for any additional wallets which are compatible with most ethereum wallets

I’m sorry about that, @vinikct, I was confusing them.

Thank you, @structdjm :smiley: