Cloudflare Authentication Causes Crash

Description of the issue:
Any page where this Cloudflare authentication box shows before loading into a site causes a crash after a few seconds when pressing it. Further in ‘brave://settings/’ pressing ‘About brave v 1.66.39’ link also causes crash.

Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary):
1. Launch Brave
2. Visit any website where this authentication screen from Cloudflare shows up. Or visit ‘brave://settings/’
3. Click on the check box and wait a few seconds or press ‘About brave v 1.66.39’
4. Entire application crashes

Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
Application shuts down

Expected Result:
I should pass the Cloudflare screen and access the website i wanted or be redirected to some other page

Reproduces how often:
Always

Brave Version(See the About Brave page in the main menu):
Brave Nightly v 1.66.39

Reproducible on current live release (yes/no):
Yes

Additional information:
I’m using Windows 11 Pro V10.0.22631 Build 22631

1 Like

I have the same issue. It crashes when authenticating with Cloudflare, browsing Steam, going to my profile, or inventory in Steam. Also, when a couple of tabs are open and another tab is quickly clicked while another is loading, it causes the browser to crash. And there are even more ways in which the browser crashes just by loading certain pages that previously did not cause crashes.

I have the version of Brave Nightly 1.66.43 and the issue still occurs.

Just now updated to the same version too, and it still crashes.

Funnily enough, for me it still happens when pressing the link circled around in the image.

I just tried what you said, and yes, it crashes. It’s weird; I hope they can fix it. For now, it’s difficult for me to navigate since it crashes occasionally when switching between tabs.