Description of the issue:
After clearing all passwords, they still show up. This started happening after I enabled “sync” from Google Chrome and I noticed the passwords that had sync’d from Google Chome/Cloud were showing up in autofill fields in Brave. I then went to clear them (first from Google Chrome; success., and then from Brave; not working).
Steps to Reproduce (add as many as necessary): 1. 2. 3.
- enable Google Chrome Sync in Google Chrome, and go to settings->Passwords and see that passwords “sync’d”.
- open Brave and view passwords in brave://settings/passwords
- at this point you can see that they’re sharing/sync’ing the same pwd data/information. Exit the browsers in an attempt to ensure whatever data source they’re sharing has connections severed.
- Open Chrome and clear all the passwords via Settings->Advanced->Clear Browsing Data and confirm they’re gone in chrome://settings/passwords. Exit Chrome.
- Open Brave and clear all the passwords via Settings->Advanced->Clear Browsing Data and confirm they’re gone in brave://settings/passwords.
- View Brave’s passwords via brave://settings/passwords and notice they’re still there (see attachments). Go back to Settings->Advanced->Clear Browsing Data and notice that the passwords section suggests there are “none” passwords to clear.
clearly something’s amiss.
Actual Result (gifs and screenshots are welcome!):
passwords are still in Brave even after clearing them all.
no passwords exist in Brave anymore.
Reproduces how often:
Operating System and Brave Version(See the
About Brave page in the main menu):
OSX - 10.14.4
Brave - Version 0.62.51 Chromium: 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)
Chrome - Version 73.0.3683.103 (Official Build) (64-bit)