Can't open links in Discord with brave

Brave Version 1.16.75 Chromium: 86.0.4240.193 (Official Build) (64-bit)

I can’t open discord links with my brave browser. I moved from Firefox (worked fine) and links still open when Firefox is set to default browser.

I can right click and ‘interact’ with links, but clicking ‘open link’ (or just clicking on them directly, which should have the same result) produces nothing.

I can still right click -> copy link -> paste url as per normal, but this is frustrating and inefficient.

This problem has persisted since I switched to Brave, and has not changed with any of the more recent updates.

Trackers & ads blocking are set to aggressive.

Upgrade connections to HTTPS is on.

Block scripts is off.

Cookie blocking is set to only cross-site.

Fingerprinting blocking is set to standard.

None of the social media blocking options are enabled.

Extensions I am running: Privacy Badger, Ublock origins, Tampermonkey and View Image (all of these worked just fine with discord in firefox).

Thankyou for your time.

Bump. Still looking for help with this.

I have the same problem. Yesterday I installed the recent windows update and the links wont open. This is really annoying. Choosing another browser works, but I want to use brave. Thanks (found a second issue here: Outlook / Word document links creating error and not opening Brave)

! Update: After PC restart its now working again :slight_smile:

I’m having the same issues. I’ve been told Brave is supposed to be a more secure and wonderful browser, and after I had issues logging into a certain website with Chrome, I finally decided to make the switch. The Brave browser itself doesn’t seem too bad, but no links work in external apps, including Discord (but also Adobe Acrobat Reader). Switching my default browser to literally anything else fixes this. I’ve restarted my PC twice, and it’s still not behaving properly. Ironically, my login issues with that one website in Chrome were fixed by nuking everything stored in Chrome (the cache, cookies, the works), so I may switch back if I can’t figure out what’s going on.

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.