Can't open anything in Private Window with Tor

Everything takes forever to open, and then only partially, even the Brave Security Page! I can’t get in, because the captcha won’t load, and it says because it can’t connect with reCaptcha, and says to “check my connection and try again”! It has loaded, and click on windows, hit verify, and it just reloads the “security check” window to “access this page”! And this page, is just “more info” about private windows with TOR, I feel like I’m on a crazy merry-go-round, what is this? And how am I supposed to “check my connection”? My connection with what, exactly? Brave is working otherwise, I’m connected to the web, with a fast connection speed, so what’s the problem?
I"m on a Mac High Sierra, with the latest Brave browser…

Well, the information page finally opened, and ironically just told me that:
"Some sites will treat you very differently because of this. Most often they’ll just keep asking you to prove you’re human. " Duh! That Brave would do that, within it’s own browser, is pretty odd, no?
And why I can’t get any other sites to load, either at all, they time out, or only partially, then freeze, is also odd, and not very helpful…

1 Like

I have had people with windows open all over the place, that didn’t realise they had more windows open, use ‘arrange all’ or similar to be sure there is only one window open, would be something to check on perhaps? I find a series of pop-up windows, may, if running in the background, slow or freeze up things in the active window. Good luck and no doubt you will work it out in time.

1 Like