Can't Import Data from old Windows installation

**Description of the issue:**Hello my Problem is that i must install my windows 10 again cause it was broken i istalled it on an other hdd so the old data is still avaible but when i try to copy the old brave data and folders to the new windows hdd brave reset all imported data and settings so i can’t get my old passwords and brave rewards and so on. I hope anyone here can help me with this problem
How can this issue be reproduced?

Expected result:

Brave Version( check About Brave):

Additional Information:

@Muni,
Thanks for reaching out.
Can you tell me which folders you attempted to migrate from your old Brave data to your new installation?

@Mattches
I tried it with all Brave folders that i found. So it was the brave folder from programms x86 and that one in app data but anytime when i try it brave says that it notice that something tried to manipulating brave and all settings reset to default

@Muni,
On your old system, please go to ~/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser and copy the entire User Data folder found here. On your new installation, replace that same folder in the same directory with the old User data folder.

If this does not work, in your old data, visit ~/AppData/Local/BraveSoftware/Brave-Browser/User Data/ and find the browser profile folder you were previously using. If you only ever had one browser profile, you’re likely looking for the Default folder, in that case. Copy the Default folder, then go to your new Brave installation data (same directory as above) and replace the Default folder there with the one you just copied.

@Mattches
i tried both options but no succes i always got the welcome to brave page

@Muni,
Do you know if the previous version you had installed is a different version than the one you downloaded on your new PC?

@Mattches
that could be
is there a file where i can see the version ?

@Muni,
Can you show me a screenshot of the inside the User data directory from your old Brave installation, as well as a screenshot of the directory where you are pasting that information in your new installation?

@Mattches
I found it on myself the old brave was 87.1.18.75
and the new istalled version is 89.1.21.74

can i download the old version anywhere ? i hope that i can restore my data with the older version

@Mattches
can i ?
or is it impossible ?

@Muni,
Try downloading the old version from our Github here – note that you will have to download the Standalone installer and ensure that you do not have Brave already installed yet:

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.