Cant connect my mobile brave to uphold wallet

Troubleshooting technical issues is much easier when both the user and support agent practice clear communication. For this reason, we have provided the template below for you to fill out with information about your issue. Please provide as much detail as possible so we can most efficiently resolve your problem.

Description of the issue:
There is no “verify wallet” on my brave browser where I can connect my Uphold wallet and also my BAT was stuck with a value of 10.500 in more than 3 months even though I’m getting ads every single day,

How can this issue be reproduced?
I’m not sure how to reproduce this issue but I’m using version 1.23.76

Expected result:
I can connect my brave mobile to my Uphold wallet and my Bat value increase.

Brave Version( check About Brave):
Version: 1.23.76

Mobile Device details
Android version 9

1 Like

you need minimum of 25 BAT to verify and connect your brave mobile to your uphold account, which is very hard now since we are getting less rewards for the ads.

2 Likes

Thank you for your feedback. This is noted.

Because 25 BAT is too high, I don’t collect them but I tip creators with these BAT.

1 Like

On my desktop PC I accumulated 25 bat a few months ago and used that to verify my Uphold wallet.
I installed the Uphold app on my phone and can access my Uphold wallet OK.

In the browser on my phone I have 14.5 BAT and on my laptop 3 Bat. Are you saying I still have to accumulate 25 BAT in my phone and laptop before I can connect them to my uphold Wallet?

Yes, you need minimum 25 BAT on your Android Brave browser to connect with your Uphold wallet.

Thanks for the answer - but LOL!!!
Brave/BAT seems like such a good idea but it’s turning into a farce.

I can’t see the Tip button on twitter or reddit to donate to others,
I can’t extract BAT to my wallet - and it’s going to take months or years to accumulate 25.
There’s no authoritative documentation about any topic I look up just a few generic FAQs
The support people seem ridiculously overworked
There are random arbitrary limits (eg only 4 devices, 25BAT to withdraw, only uphold wallet, etc)

I want to love this project but they’re making it hard…

If you dont like these limits, create your browser with your own limits.

Criticism is only useful if it is constructive. Remember that :slight_smile:

Criticism is only useful if it is constructive

then

If you dont like these limits, create your browser with your own limits.

pot meet kettle… :wink:

I really want to support a privacy based browser, I want to move to the BAT / Attention model for ad payments. But for a general user who wants to get involved this ecosystem is a mess. Just look at the number of posts on the forums about the same problems and the way the support staff have to deal with them piecemeal.

Linking wallets for the same user would be a relatively small fix and would make many people happy. I use Brave on 5 screens. I have a verified wallet on one of them. Can you explain the logic behind not allowing me to link them?

Getting a competent technical writer on board to come up with consistent documentation and useful FAQs would free up the support staff to deal with real problems and lead to a much happier user base.

#OhWait

1 Like

There’s documentation there - but it doesn’t seem to address the problems being raised in the forums.

Rewards are Brave’s unique selling point and they are causing huge amounts of frustration for people - just look at the forums. 9/10 of the first posts on the Community home page are about BAT/Wallets.

One example: This morning the balance on my browser decreased by a few BAT - maybe 75% of what I had yesterday is gone. I’m guessing that what I earned up till the end of the last period has been deducted and will be sent to my wallet in July. But I don’t know, and I can’t find out from the documentation.

Thousands of people are experiencing the same and turning up here with another “Brave stole my BAT” thread. If there was a prominent page saying how the monthly cycle works, when stuff is deducted, when it is sent to your wallet etc that would clean a lot of the “Me too” stuff on the forums.

I’m not trying to argue with you. I want Brave to work and I’m voicing the issues I see needing to be fixed.

1 Like

There’s documentation there - but it doesn’t seem to address the problems being raised in the forums.

A documentation center is always perfectible, as you definitly know. There many articles in there that help users. But there are tons of different cases, so it’s almost impossible to cover all the problems.

Rewards are Brave’s unique selling point and they are causing huge amounts of frustration for people - just look at the forums. 9/10 of the first posts on the Community home page are about BAT/Wallets.

I’m sorry to say but you’re wrong and this is the main error for these Brave users: the very first selling point of this browser is safety and privacy, not the BAT. This is why there are some frustrated people among Brave users. And when there are greedy people and frustration, this can generate “unsolicited behaviors”.

Thousands of people are experiencing the same and turning up here with another “Brave stole my BAT” thread. If there was a prominent page saying how the monthly cycle works, when stuff is deducted, when it is sent to your wallet etc that would clean a lot of the “Me too” stuff on the forums.

First, I would say hundred rather than thousands of users are facing issues. But this not the point here.
Yeah it would be great but sounds too much idealistic because nowadays, people log in the forum with their frustration and post without reading previous/similard posts or using the search bar. However, this would drasticly reduce the “Me too” posts if they use the forum as it should be.
So, yes there are some issues on some cases but there are many similar posts (sometimes from the same user) on the forum and this may give a wrong impression about this amazing project.
From me to you, I’m not sure that claiming “Brave stole my BAT” is the smartest/best approach to get help…

I’m not trying to argue with you. I want Brave to work and I’m voicing the issues I see needing to be fixed.

Me neither but I just try to present a more objective point of view about Brave.
You see the glass halp empty, I see it half full.

Stay safe.

3 Likes

@Tiko I wish I could do more than give your post a “like”! This needs to be shouted from the rooftops. Brave is an awesome privacy-protecting browser, not a slot machine or an ATM. The BAT are just icing on the cake. And once upon a time, software users would be told to “RTFM” (read the “fine” manual) before any questions or complaints would be entertained. 99% of the users who post here in the forums are spoiled babies.

1 Like

Thank you very much @rosiecar :slight_smile:

1 Like

“99% of the users who post here in the forums are spoiled babies.”

And that’s the problem - the many happy Brave users quietly get on with their lives.

The screaming babies much louder. And the story they are spreading is the one about BAT/Uphold/Wallets that you see on the forums .

1 Like

Yes and you can’t stop people from trolling, moaning, complaining and posting unfair critics on forums like:

“Brave / BAT seems like such a good idea but it’s turning into a farce
I can’t see the Tip button on twitter or reddit to donate to others,
I can’t extract BAT to my wallet - and it’s going to take months or years to accumulate 25.
There’s no authoritative documentation about any topic I look up just a few generic FAQs
The support people seem ridiculously overworked
There are random arbitrary limits (eg only 4 devices, 25BAT to withdraw, only uphold wallet, etc)”

I’ve explained you earlier that these points were not really justified. With few efforts, people can find the solutions to their problems and the answsers to their questions but they prefer posting their unfair complains than searching and thinking. Sadly, you can’t change this.

People are using one of the most secure and private browser, they earn BAT while browsing and watching ads, they get help for free from the Community and they keep ridiculously crying like spoiled babies… Sadly, you can’t change this.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 30 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.